Sunday, April 15, 2012

In class we were asked to act out one of the stories that we read for class.  My group selected to act out Bernard Dadie's The Hunter and the Boa.  This tale was about how a man gains access to power and uses it to only profit himself instead of saving his community from the terrors that happened over twenty years.  He then came to the decision of staying alive and becoming poor or dying with his wealth.  This conflict was not answered in the story.  Which made me think about what would I do?  I probably would chose staying alive to take punishment for what I have done by only serving myself and not the community in general.  I believe the story would have changed if the hunter would have used his information to help save the people he would have never had this proposition forced on him or he would not stay alive and become poor again.

No comments:

Post a Comment